Table of Contents
In this very special episode of The Lifestyle Architects, I'm excited to have Nick Reese on the show, to talk more about the secret to positioning yourself as an expert to charge premium prices, also called premium positioning.
Nick Reese is an online marketing expert who inspires individuals to take their business and life to the next level through his actionable marketing and personal psychology advice.
Having built several successful businesses, Nick is currently the CEO of Microbrand Media, a company specializing in building highly profitable web assets.
Nick has personally mentored over 100 entrepreneurs who have gone on to build businesses with more than $100k in revenue. If that wasn't enough, he has also spoken at the White House about building a business in a tough economy.
Nick is an active startup advisor specializing in customer acquisition and affiliate marketing strategy.He has been featured in Forbes.com, Mashable, TechCrunch, The Washington Post, Inc.com, MSNBC, OPEN Forum, and more.
In this interview, Nick and I, talk more about how you can position yourself as an expert in your niche to charge premium prices. We get into a lot of good stuff, be sure to take some notes, because Nick really over delivers and shares so much actionable and valuable information you can implement right away in your business and life.
I believe that anyone can transform their business and life if they have guts and hustle. Click to tweet!
Premium Positioning With Nick Reese
(Click the play button and watch the video interview above)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Nick Reese's story and how he started out in the online marketing space
- Details on Nick's amazing rebranding process and design
- Should you really invest in a really great (and expensive) website design when you are starting out?
- What positioning is and why it matters
- How to position yourself as an expert in your field
- How to promote yourself online... even when you don't feel like you are an expert (impostor syndrome)
- Branding by association
- Work with me page vs. contact page?
- The 'surprising' reason why Nick is not focusing on SEO much
- Great ways to reach the right people with your content, and Nick's content marketing strategy moving forward
- How to define your expertise
- Tips for positioning yourself the right way on your website - website credibility
- How to get featured in major media sources to position yourself as an expert
- The two different types of marketing and what the difference is
- How Nick has designed his life to live life on his own terms
- And much much more actionable tips and advice you can go out and implement TODAY...
I believe that everyone is their own hero in their own story and if they own that, they can do anything. Click to tweet!
What Is Premium Positioning?
In every marketplace there’s roughly 20-30% of the market who are willing to pay for extreme expertise, like people who just want results that are good and they want it done efficiently and effectively.
Positioning yourself to serve those specific clients is one of the smartest things for freelancers, consultants, executives, and basically anyone that works with other people’s businesses
When you start out, it’s going to be a process of building your portfolio. There’s often a 1-3 years, often it's close to 3 years before you really found out who your ideal client is.
By using an analogy or a metaphor you can do a much better job of showing people that you are the expert instead of telling them.
The understanding of looking for common disfunction's within a cluster of clients is the best way to start positioning yourself.
How To Position Any Business To Charge Premium Prices
Nick has a full amazing guide on a strategy he calls The Picture Perfect Positioning Strategy. Watch this 7 minute video and download the PDF which is like 13-14 pages. It's super valuable, Nick should be charging for this guide, and he might in the future, so be sure to grab it ASAP.
Nick's Recommended Books
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene M. Schwartz- The most powerful book Nick read in a long time and it takes some time to internalize it. This book is one of the most profound books on marketing out there today, it was so far ahead of its time. It brought awareness to this idea of problem awareness, which is something Nick talks a lot about on his blog. Just read it, and thank us later!
- Influence by Robert Cialdini
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port
- Million Dollar Consulting by Alan Weiss
If you love listening to audio books, just like me, get your free audio book today, my gift to you for taking your time to watch and listen to this interview with Nick Reese, on how to position yourself as an expert to charge premium prices!
Reading books has totally transformed my business and life. Click to tweet!
Resources And Links Mentioned In This Episode:
Where To Find More About Nick
- Nick's blog - Without exaggeration, Nick's site is not only one of the most beautifully designed sites online, it's also one of my favorite sites out there. Be sure to check it out!
- Perfect Contact Page - How to optimize yoru contact page to get more leads and sales.
- Persuasive Storytelling - Craft your story, and write a better about page.
- How to Avoid Problem Clients - Also check out these great problem client scripts.
- Power Analogy - How to communicate your expertise without sounding arrogant.
- Website Credibility - how to build a credible website.
- How to Promote Yourself Online (even when you don't feel like an expert)
- Small Talk - How to answer the extremely important question "what do you do?"
- Connect with Nick on Twitter
Other Relevant Resources Mentioned
- Social Triggers by Derek Halpern
- How to Master and Learn Anything in Business in Life with Robert Greene
- What makes a website credible - Lecture BJ Fogg of Stanford University.
- Fogg, B.J. (May 2002). "Stanford Guidelines for Web Credibility." A Research Summary from the Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab. Stanford University.
Now It's Your Turn!
Got questions or thoughts about anything you learned in this interview? Have you struggled with positioning yourself and your business to charge premium prices? Please share freely in the comments section below!
If you enjoy this episode or know someone who might, please feel free to share it with them!
Thanks so much for checking out this interview with Nick Reese on premium positioning, I appreciate YOU!